Hey Sasha, I only saw a homepage with a link to Jennifer's site. Am I missing how to enter or navigate? Having sound is interesting, I can;t wait to see how it is all going to mesh together. The polarity in the images is interesting, I can't wait to see where you take this.
Hey Sasha, here is my friend I went to school with Shana Robbins. Check out her website, I think after we talked to day, you should look at the way she has gone about combining her performance with her art as well as the artwork itself. She is extremely talented. Enjoy.
I liken the "home page" to its metaphoric origin of a home-- that first approach to the house informs us about what we are going to experience inside. In terms of that physical house, we take in all kinds of visual cues on a conscious, but probably mostly subconscious, level. How's the landscaping? As the realtor would say: is there 'curb appeal?' Are there children's toys laying around the grass? Flowers? Is the front lawn a victory garden? Is the house 'in need of' paint? etc.
So, from this perspective, I think it is especially interesting to imagine what may exist further inside Sasha's site. If we were to conjecture its contents based on her home page, what might we see?
@:Jennings - I wasn't in on your conversation with Sasha... I wonder if you are encouraging her to take up performance... or maybe she already has a performative component to her work that I have yet to find out about...?
Having looked at Shana's site, I am struck by an aesthetic sensibility that I identify also in Sasha's home page-- there is a kind of sexy-yet-daring mysteriousness that comes through both sites.
Sasha, your site is as elegant and mysterious as you are. It is very action oriented, in the images themselves, the way they run across the screen in the gallery, and in the intro sound. There is a strong duality present throughout.
What program did you use to build it? One problem I noticed you might solve is that whenever you hit the home button, it opens in a new window every time. I was wondering if that was an error, or is it because you want the opening sound to return or continue? If the latter is the case, I would try a different solution to giving the rest of the site sound. It is definitely a strong component, worthy of the effort. Also, I didn't see any of your amazing sculptures on it, will you be adding more to the site, or is it finished?
Hey Sasha, I only saw a homepage with a link to Jennifer's site. Am I missing how to enter or navigate? Having sound is interesting, I can;t wait to see how it is all going to mesh together. The polarity in the images is interesting, I can't wait to see where you take this.
ReplyDeleteHey Sasha, here is my friend I went to school with Shana Robbins. Check out her website, I think after we talked to day, you should look at the way she has gone about combining her performance with her art as well as the artwork itself. She is extremely talented. Enjoy.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.shanarobbins.com/
I liken the "home page" to its metaphoric origin of a home-- that first approach to the house informs us about what we are going to experience inside. In terms of that physical house, we take in all kinds of visual cues on a conscious, but probably mostly subconscious, level. How's the landscaping? As the realtor would say: is there 'curb appeal?' Are there children's toys laying around the grass? Flowers? Is the front lawn a victory garden? Is the house 'in need of' paint? etc.
ReplyDeleteSo, from this perspective, I think it is especially interesting to imagine what may exist further inside Sasha's site. If we were to conjecture its contents based on her home page, what might we see?
@:Jennings - I wasn't in on your conversation with Sasha... I wonder if you are encouraging her to take up performance... or maybe she already has a performative component to her work that I have yet to find out about...?
ReplyDeleteHaving looked at Shana's site, I am struck by an aesthetic sensibility that I identify also in Sasha's home page-- there is a kind of sexy-yet-daring mysteriousness that comes through both sites.
Sasha, your site is as elegant and mysterious as you are. It is very action oriented, in the images themselves, the way they run across the screen in the gallery, and in the intro sound. There is a strong duality present throughout.
ReplyDeleteWhat program did you use to build it? One problem I noticed you might solve is that whenever you hit the home button, it opens in a new window every time. I was wondering if that was an error, or is it because you want the opening sound to return or continue? If the latter is the case, I would try a different solution to giving the rest of the site sound. It is definitely a strong component, worthy of the effort. Also, I didn't see any of your amazing sculptures on it, will you be adding more to the site, or is it finished?